The exact origin of the lemon has remained a mystery, though it is widely presumed that lemons first grew in Southern India, northern Burma, and China.
- Lemon water is the best source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It removes harmful, free radicals from the body and improves immune systems. Lemon water also acts as a blood purifier.
- Lemon water is used to prevent and treat different infections as well as to control allergies. Due to its antiseptic properties, it is effective in healing wounds. Lemon water is helpful in relieving symptoms of sore throat, tonsillitis or asthma.
- Lemon water plays an important role in maintaining digestive health. It boosts metabolism and improves functioning of digestive systems and prevents various digestive problems like constipation, indigestion, nausea, heartburn and parasites. It also helps dissolve gallstones.
- Lemon water is effective in body cleansing and detoxification. It maintains good health by eliminating harmful toxins from the body.
- Another important benefit of lemon water is that it strengthens liver functioning and stimulates it to produce more enzymes essential for different body processes. A well-functioning liver is the key to a healthy body.
- Since lemon water has a diuretic effect, it is beneficial for people with urinary tract infections.
- Lemon water is helpful in treating arthritis and rheumatism.
- Daily consumption of warm lemon water is one of the effective remedies to get rid of obesity and belly fat.
- Lemon water is one of the most effective regimens for skin and hair care. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It rejuvenates the skin and gives a clear, radiant, glowing complexion. Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for acne control. It can also be used to treat various skin diseases like eczema. Application of lemon juice on the skin is effective in preventing sunburn. If you apply lemon water to your hair for a few minutes and then rinse with water, it will make your hair clean and shiny.
- Lemon juice externally applied on the nostrils can help stop nosebleeds and when massaged onto the gums control bleeding gums . Lemon juice combined with glycerin is effective to heal chapped lips.